POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sword Stand (final?) 107 KB : Re: Sword Stand (final?) 107 KB Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sword Stand (final?) 107 KB
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 2 Apr 2002 14:19:25
Message: <3caa043d@news.povray.org>
Thank you!  Once I figure out a cloth method (or someone else posts a clith
include for Povray 3.5) I'll add something in there.

Well I actually own the sword and dagger.  I haev tried to model them as
close as I can to the real thing.  The "horns" on the hilt
could be a bit dangerous.  The sword is very heavy.  I didn't add a "blood
channel" down the blade since the real one doesn't have it.

Patrick Dugan

> > Here is the (maybe) finished sword stand picture.  I'm not sure if it's
done
> > or I need to do something else in the image.  The idea was to highlight
the
> > sword and dagger (in a black leather sheath) on a wrought-iron sword
stand.
> > The entire mess sitting on a fireplace mantel.  I thought about adding
> > something cloth-like to offset the hardness of the image but I'm not
sure.
> > Any ideas?
>
>   Excellent! I've been following this. I think you could be right. A
'drape' hanging behind the sword would look good IMHO. Either
> red and yellow or red and black with some kind of FE.Asian text? I have to
say that your sword looks a beast in lambs clothing.
> Those two straight bits with the curve on the ends, (near the hilt), are
quite in-humane are they not? Cruelly interesting. Are they
> for real? I haven't seen that before myself...
>
>       Back to the image...  A bevel line would look good also....
straight down the middle of the blade...